Im craving soup’s for dinner in this cold weather. Here is one I came up with the other night with a few leftovers and not alot of time.
2 bunches of english spinach washed and cut into pieces
2 tbsp oilive oil
1 celery stick chopped
1 brown onion
1 large potato peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves finely cut
3 cups of organic vegetable stock (I make my own in the tehermomix)
400g can organic lentils, drained and rinsed
1 cup coyo coconut yoghurt
Grilled sourdough or rye bread toasted to serve
– Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, onion and celery and cook for a few minutes.
– Add potato and cook for a few more minutes.
– Add stock and lentils, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
– Add spinach and stir until wilted and simmer for 5 more minutes.
– Cool for ten minutes then blend soup with a hand blender or thermomix until smooth.
– Warm soup and serve with some coconut yoghurt swirled through it and your toasted bread of choice.