Growing up my mum would always make us vegetable pie for dinner, especially when there was a mixture of left over vegetables in the fridge and not much else. Over the years I have experimented making my own version and finally I made one that I absolutely loved and that has a great mixture of vitamins, minerals, calcium and protein all in the one dish and that is easy to do. Now you will have to excuse my recipes as I am not so good at measuring, I’m more for throwing in a bit of this and a bit of that, so feel free to add or minus what you need for your acquired taste buds:)
1/4 jap pumpkin cut into cubes
1 bunch of asparagus cut up in thirds
handful of coriander chopped
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
4 organic eggs
200 grams organic goats feta
4 garlic cloves
1 level tsp cumin
1 level tsp tumeric
some olive oil
pink himalayan salt and pepper to taste
– Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
-Chop leek, onion and garlic and saute in wok with olive oil, salt and pepper.
-Throw zucchini’s and carrot’s in a food processor (i use my thermomix) and blend for a few seconds till a grated like consistency and trow into the wok with onion mixture.
– Also add cubed pumpkin, asparagus, tumeric and cumin and stir through for 2 minutes or so.
– Take wok off heat and grate the goats cheese into the mixture along with the uncooked quinoa and finally the beaten eggs.
– Pour the mixture into an oil greased baking tray and sprinkle with coriander and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes.
– Serve on it’s own or with a salad of choice (my husband and I like half an avacado each with it)