Rhurbarb is high in antioxidant’s, especially lycopene which is good for heart health. Rhurbarb is also a good source of vitamin C that helps boost the immune system and increases the absorbtion of iron rich foods in your diet. Rhurbarb also acts as a prebiotic and stimulates the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system.
Oats are a great source of soluble fibre that supports digestive health and helps to lower cholesterol.
Almonds are high in the minerals calcium, magnesium, potassium as well as vitamin E to help nourish the immune system.
Mix all the amazing foods together for the perfect dessert…..
– 1 bunch of washed, trimmed and cut into 2cm chunks Rhurbarb
– juice squeezed from 1 orange
– 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
– 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
– 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
– 6 green apple washed and sliced fine
– 2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
– 1 cup almond meal
– 1 cup oats
– 80 g of ghee or organic butter
– 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
-Combine rhurbarb, apple, orange juice, vanilla and maple syrup in a bowl and then spoon into a baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon and cook on 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
-Whilst rhurbarb is cooking combine almond meal, oats, sugar and rub through the butter to make a crumbly consistency.
– When Rhurbarb is ready, top with raspberries and crumble and bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
– Serve with your favourite yoghurt or ice cream.